Gmail and Chrome both have their separate reputation in the digital tech industry and they both are known for the services and features that they have to offer to their users. Gmail being the pioneer of the emailing world is being used by a wide range of users across the globe. And, at the same time, Chrome is also offering users the opportunity to ensure that they could use the best ever features of a web browser.
Nowadays, a lot of smart devices including mobile phones and tablets come pre-equipped with the Gmail app. However, desktop users are still using Gmail through web browsers such as Chrome and others. But, recently, it was found out that a lot of users are facing slow loading issues while using Gmail. So, if you are also wondering why is Gmail so slow in Chrome, then this article has got you covered. In today’s post, we shall be covering some reasons that led to this issue along with the necessary solutions that you can apply so that you can fasten up the speed of using Gmail in Chrome.
Why is Google loading so slowly?
If you are trying to load Google or any other website through your Chrome web browser, then most probably there is a problem with Chrome itself. If that is the case, you can try using some other browser and see if it is a problem with the browser or the website you are trying to load. This would help you
understand whether you should work towards fixing issues with your browser or do something else. In case you are not able to understand the cause of the problem, then the points listed below would definitely help you with that:
- If there are some issues with the internet connection on your device, then you’ll face problems loading content on your device
- If there are too many programs running in the background, then also the same issue would take place
- In case you haven’t installed browser updates on your system, it is sure to give you technical glitches
- Sometimes, when your device is having low storage, then it will lead to some known/unknown issues on your device
- If you have added some Chrome extensions to your browser, then the issue is sure to take place
These could be the definite reasons why is Gmail so slow in Chrome.
Why are Google sites so slow?
In case you have wondered why is Google sites so slow and you are looking for a sure short solution to fix this problem, then this section of the article is going to help you with that.
- There probably is some issue with the internet connectivity
- Due to a temporary client issue, the sites may not load properly
- Additionally, if there is a server-related problem, the sites would load slow
- Check the Google Workspace Status Dashboard to know more about it
Fix Gmail so slow in Chrome
Update Google Chrome
- Open Chrome browser on your device
- Click the “More” option and choose “Settings”
- Now, get to the “Help” menu
- And, choose “About Google Chrome”
- From here, you can install Chrome updates
Clear cache and other memory storage
- Launch your browser and click the “More” menu
- Select “Settings” and then choose “Clear browsing data”
- Now, switch to the “Advanced” tab and select “All Time” from the time range
- Select the relevant checkboxes to clear the data
- Finally, click “Clear data” at the end
Disable unnecessary Chrome extensions
- To start, you can launch the Chrome web browser on your device
- After this, you need to click on the “Settings” menu from the “More” menu
- Followed by this, select the “Extensions” tab
- Now, switch the toggle against each browser towards the disable position
- Re-launch the browser to see if that helps
Read – Proven tips to Fix Gmail Not Working issue
In case you could eliminate the issue with your Chrome browser even after trying these solutions and you are not able to load any website including Gmail, then you should rectify issues with the internet connection on your device. In case of any other problems, please make sure that your device has enough storage space and you can also check the server status of the website that is slow to load.