Once you install Outlook, there are chances are it will not get recognize a default client. It is important to understand that instead of having multiple email programs when you handle your email chores, then why not set outlook as default mail client. If you are using Windows 10, you have already noticed that it uses a new mail app as the new default email client. There are chances that you are not you do not understand how to set the outlook as the default client. So, through this article, you will get to learn the instructions to set outlook as default mail client mac and windows 10. If Outlook is not recognized as the default mail client the there are two different methods that will enable you to set it as your default email client. Both the methods will achieve the exact same thing so, you need to follow the one that seems more convenient. So, let us get started!
Why it is important to set outlook as default mail client?
There are some of the common programs that include the default Mail program that comes with the Windows, Microsoft Office’ Outlook, Thunderbird and any of perhaps with hundreds of other mail programs that you can easily install. Hence it is important to setup there is no set outlook as default mail client till now on your devices.
What does default mail client mean?
The default mail in Outlook program is a software that is registered with the operating system as the software that is there to handle “Mail to” URL. When there is another app that wish to send you email, then you have to look up the default and then passes the email to the default mail program.
How to set outlook as default mail client mac?
If you want to set outlook as default mail client on Mac then you have to follow the steps that are given below:
- Remember, the Mac default is to use the ail app, but you can change the default to Outlook.
- Just open the “Finder” tab and click on the “Applications”.
- You have to select the “Mail” tab.
- After this go to the “Preferences” option.
- On the General tab, go to the “Default email reader” and then select the “Microsoft Outlook” option.
- Make sure you follow the on-screen instructions that are provided on the screen.
How to set outlook as default mail client windows 10?
If you wish to set Outlook as default mail client Windows 10 then here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Make Outlook the default program for email, contacts, and the calendar too.
- Open the “Outlook” app.
- After this, you have to go to the “File” tab and select the “Options” and then go to the “General” button.
- Under the “Startup options, you have to select the tab marked as “Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar.
- Now, you have to click on the “OK” button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts that are given on the screen.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
Through this article, we hope you have learned the basic and structured steps to set outlook as default mail client on Mac and Windows 10. However, if you are still unable to access and set outlook as the default mail client, then you are suggested to visit the official website and get assistance from the professional experts who are available round to the clock to assist you with the best possible solutions.