Do you use Outlook for managing your daily emails and now you are not able to access your Outlook account? In that case, what you can do is reset a forgotten Outlook password. Resetting the account password immediately makes sure that nobody else gains access to your account and your personal emails.
On the other hand, to keep your account more secure, a lot of experts suggest that you keep changing your Outlook account password. Thus, in the section below, we shall have a look at the procedure to reset the Outlook password and the related topics.
The procedure to reset Outlook password Windows 10
If you have got a Windows 10 device and now you want to reset the password of your Windows 10 account, then you can follow the steps that are listed below. To reset a forgotten Outlook account password, you can either try to reset the Microsoft account password or change it from the “Account” settings of your device:
- To begin the process, you need to go to Microsoft Sign In page
- Here, you need to pick the option to reset your password
- Followed by this one needs to verify his identity
- After choosing the preferred identity verification method, enter the code and click “Next”
- Finally, you are allowed to set a new password for your Microsoft account
The process to reset Outlook password on iPhone
The procedure to reset your Outlook password on an iPhone is described below:
- Open the Outlook app and scroll down at the bottom
- Here, you need to tap on the “Sign In” option
- Now, enter the password you remember and click the “Sign In” button
- If the password was incorrect, you’ll be allowed to reset the password
- After completing the identity verification, you will be able to set a new password
That’s how you can reset a forgotten Outlook account password. In case you are having difficulty resetting the password, follow the instructions given in the next section.
Fix Outlook password reset not working
If you are having difficulty resetting your account password, then you need to make sure that you are entering the correct email address during the password reset process. If you are feeding an incorrect email address or account recovery details, you will never be able to regain access to your account. Apart from this, you also need to make sure that you are not using the incorrect Microsoft login site to reset the password.
Moving on, let us now understand the procedure to change the Microsoft Outlook password in case you want to make your account more secure.
The process to change Outlook password
Here is the stepwise guideline that you need to follow in case you wish to change your Microsoft Outlook password:
- To begin the procedure, you need to open Outlook on your device
- Now, click on the “File” option and select “Info” from the given menu
- Followed by this, click on the “Account Settings” menu
- Then, pick the account that you wish to change the password of
- Next up, you need to click on the “Change” option
- Here, you can set a new password for your account
- After changing the password, click “Next” and save the password
Read – How to set outlook as default mail client?
Through this article, we have clearly learned the details of the process to reset a forgotten Outlook account password. Just make sure that you do have access to the account recovery details. Otherwise, recovering the account password may not be possible. On the other hand, if you are not able to reset the account password, then also you can refer to the specified section given in this article. Along with the process to reset the password, we have also discussed the process to change the Outlook account password in a few easy steps.