Firstly, we need to know that what is a 550 email error so, in a simple manner, a 550 email error arises when the receiver’s email hosting server blocked the mail that has been sent by you and it returned back to you. It happens when the STMP will not able to recognize you as an authorized user. In this blog, we will describe what are the main causes of error 550 and possible solutions to this problem.
What are the main causes of 550 email error?
The most common reasons for this error are mentioned below:
- When you enter the wrong email address of the receiver.
- If your system is affected by some virus.
- If there is a mistake in the settings of the STMP server.
- If the recipient blocked your email address.
- If your mail is mistakenly reported as spam by the receiver.
- When the email address of the recipient is suspended or is temporarily unavailable then 550 email errors will arise.
- When the receiver’s hosting server is not available or does not exist.
- When there is no space in the recipient’s inbox.
- When the recipient’s hosting server blocked your IP address.
Phrases that indicates the 550 email error
The common SMTP reply error codes are:
- When you see this error message “email error 550 5.1.1” it means the email address of the recipient does not exist or may be invalid.
- The error “550 email error address rejected or blocked” means that the recipient blocked your email address and do not want to receive the emails from you.
- The error “Email Error 550 Relay Not Permitted” means that server of the recipient is not giving permission to your server.
- The error “Email Error 550 5.7.0 Message Size Violation” occurs when the file attached in the email is bigger in the size and exceeds the limit.
- If you see the error “Email Error 550 Administrative Prohibition” means that the domain that you are using or the recipient is using is on the blacklist.
- When you see this type of error message “Email error 550 Quarantined” means your mail is marked as spam by the receiver or maybe it is not delivered.
- “Email error 550 hosts unknown” the hostname written in the email address is not known.
Possible solutions to fix the 550 email error:
- Enter the email address of the recipient correctly. Make sure that there is no space between the words and no spelling mistakes.
- Check that your email IP is blacklisted or not in a DNS blacklist section. If your email IP is blacklisted then all of your emails will be rejected and returned back to you.
- If your mail has returned back then try to resend it after some time.
- If these methods will not help you in resolving the error then you should contact your internet service provider.
- Maybe your account is hacked by some hackers. So, change all your passwords and enter a strong password.
- Check that your email has content or not. Maybe the error is occurring because of the empty file or blank email.
To conclude, sometimes we are facing many errors while sending emails. If you are facing a 550 email error then, the above-mentioned tips will help you to figure out the cause and related solution for the issue. By following these methods, you can get rid of this error.