AOL Mail is one of the largest email service providers and the most preferred one among all the users. This free email service has gained popularity worldwide as it offers you with a host of features like Un-send emails, making attachments up to 25 MB in a single mail, and advanced security features. Despite being a perfect email provider, there are some AOL mail login issues that you might encounter and thus, fail to access your AOL mail.
What are AOL Mail Login Issues?
Here is a list of the AOL Mail login issues:
- AOL mail authentication problem
- AOL mail login site not working
- A black screen appears while signing in
- AOL mail login is unresponsive
- Internet connectivity issues
- Missing AOL mail sign in
Solution for AOL Mail Authentication Problem
You will see a Blerk error 1 message whenever an AOL Mail authentication problem occurs. An authentication error indicates that you do not have access to your AOL account. It happens usually because of the incorrect browser settings or if you are using an outdated browser.
Here is how you can resolve the AOL mail authentication problem:
Modify browser settings – You need to check and adjust the browser settings to enable access to your AOL Mail account.
Step 1 – Fix the settings of different browsers
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ option in the Edge browser.
- Click the option –‘Choose What to Clear from the Clear Browsing data.’
- Select the checkbox next to the data that you wish to delete.
- Click the ‘Clear’ option to resolve the AOL mail authentication error.
- Make sure that you update the saved bookmark on other browsers namely Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.
Step 2 – Add AOL to Trusted Site –Internet Explorer
- Click ‘Tools’ and then choose ‘Internet Options.’
- Select the ‘Security’ tab > Trusted Sites Zones > Sites.
- When you see the ‘Add this Website to Zone’option, type https://www.aol.com/.
- Click the ‘Add’ option and press OK.
Step 3 – Enable Protected Mode
- SelectTools and then click the ‘Internet Option.’
- Tap the ‘Security’ tab, and click the ‘Internet’ icon.
- Tick the checkbox located next to ‘Enable Protected Mode.’
- Click the ‘Trusted Sites’ icon.
- Restart your system.
Step 4 – Run Internet Explorer in No Ad-ons Mode
- Tap the ‘Start’ button.
- Select the ‘All Programs’ option.
- Go to ‘Accessories’ and click the ‘System Tools.’
- Select the Internet Explorer (No Ad-ons) from the list.
Fix problems signing into your AOL account
Method 1: Sign in again
- Try to sign in to your AOL account again and check if you are entering the right credentials.
- If you are unable to sign in, try ‘turning it off and then turning it on again.’
Note: This tactic helps in situations where you type in wrong credentials details or have browser issues.
Method 2: Check for faulty internet connection
A bad network can hamper your AOL login process, so you need to ensure that your device has a good internet connection to open the AOL login site.
Method 3: Verify your credentials
If you are getting a message stating ‘Invalid password. Please try again’ while logging in, then you need to reset your password by using the following steps:
- Launch any browser and visit the AOL mail login site – https://login.aol.com/.
- Input your username and hit ‘Next.’
- Select the option – ‘Trouble signing in.’
- Out of the two options displayed for a password reset, you can choose the email or mobile number that is linked to your AOL account.
- You will receive the OTP on your mobile or email address.
- Enter the verification code to set a new password.
- Now, you will be able to log in to your AOL mail.
Method 4: Make changes in your web settings
Installing multiple browsers in your system can lead to AOL mail login problem. So, you have to reset your general web settings without altering the settings of all the web browsers on your PC.
Method 5: Enable the Java Applet Scripting
When the Java scripting is disabled, numerous websites stop working properly. It means AOL Mail would also not work. Another simple way to fix AOL mail login issue is to enable Java scripting and cookies.
Method 6: Disable Firewall
Firewall can block unknown websites on your system, so you need to disable the Firewall or the pop-up settings by using the following steps:
- Go to the ‘Control Panel’ or ‘Windows Settings.’
- Type ‘Windows Firewall’ in the search box.
- Click the ‘Allows Programs’ option, and verify if https://.aol.com is included in the allow list.
- Uncheck the box that represents ‘Web Filtering’ option.
- Restart your browser and sign in again.
Method 7: Clear browser cache
You need to erase the browser history, saved cookies, and disable extensions to get your browser back to its previous state. Wiping out cache can rectify a lot of problems like website freezing, and pages not loading.
Method 8: Turn on the Antivirus software
Installing an antivirus program can also cause AOL mail login issue. You must disable Antivirus Settings for a while and see if you can log in again.
Note: While performing these troubleshooting methods on an iPhone, you must ensure that you have the latest version of iOS software installed in your system.
AOL Mail login problems are the errors that occur when you are denied to access your AOL account due to various reasons like invalid passwords, or outdated browsers. You need to adjust your settings or check your network connection to enable AOL mail authentication and start using your AOL mail without any troubles.